School Uniform Requirements
- All shirts and undershirts must be solid white, gold, yellow, navy blue, royal blue, or baby blue (no teal green, stripes, plaids, patterns, sleeveless, or sheer shirts allowed.)
- Shirts must be either polo or button-front and must cover the midriff. All button-front shirts must be buttoned to cover the chest.
- Turtleneck and mock turtleneck shirts are permitted under collared shirts. Boys must tuck in their shirts.
Skirts, Dresses, Pants, Shorts:
- Khaki or navy and must be knee-length (no more than 3 inches above the knee).
- Dresses must have a collar or worn with a collared shirt.
- Pants must be worn at the waist.
- Garments with belt loops must have a belt.
- No oversized pants or shorts that may fall below the waist.
- Leggings may only be worn under skirts and dresses.
- No jeans of any color.
- No exercise pants, yoga pants, or sweatpants.
- No flip flops, house slippers, bedroom shoes, or athletic slides.
- Sandals must have an ankle strap.
- No bandanas, skullcaps, sweatbands, hoods, or hats. Headbands should be less than 3 inches wide.
- Light jackets, hoodies, or sweaters can be worn in the classroom over the collared shirt.
- They must be solid white, royal blue, navy blue, gold, black or gray (no denim, stripes, plaids, or patterns) with minimal writing.
- We sell BHL hoodies/jackets in the front office if you desire to purchase one. Bulky, heavy, or long coats are to be removed and stored in a locker.
Special Occasions & Dress Down Days:
BHL spirit t-shirts may be worn on Fridays with uniform pants. The school principal may allow students to dress out of uniform for special occasions or to show their participation in school activities, i.e. club t-shirts, athletic team uniforms on designated days, field trips, or field day.
Acceptable dress for dress down days will be consistent with the district dress code outlined below:
- No caps or hats. Shorts/skirts must be no more than 3 inches above knees.
- The bottom of the short/skirts should be low enough on the leg that when hands are held flat on the student’s side, no part of any finger can touch any skin.
- Tank tops, muscle shirts, spaghetti straps, backless dresses, tube tops, halter tops, see-through garments, or low-cut shirts showing cleavage, midriffs, stomachs, or backs should not be worn.
- Blouses or shirts that are tied at or rise above the waist exposing skin should not be worn.
- All pants must be worn at the waist.
- No bulky, oversized, or sagging jeans.
- Jeans should not have holes above the knees that expose an excessive amount of flesh.
- Yoga pants, spandex pants, or leggings are not acceptable. Joggers are allowed.
- No flip-flops, slides, or house slippers.
Clothing with words, signs, symbols, pictures, or emblems that promote violence, hate, vulgar language or identify with a non-sanctioned group should not be worn.