The mission of the CCSD and faculty/staff of Gaines Elementary is to inspire students to achieve at high academic levels through challenging and innovative learning opportunities that support the development of students’ individual talents.
We believe that…
- Education is the key to a successful future.
- Each member of the school community has responsibility for working towards achievement of the district’s vision.
- High expectations promote academic excellence.
- The diversity of people, perspectives and practices strengthens our school district.
- A highly effective and innovative staff is essential to student learning.
- Frequent, clear and consistent communication is essential among all school district stakeholders.
- Positive learning environments are built on respect and encouragement where all individuals believe they can make a difference.
- Caring and trusting relationships among students and adults in schools are vital to encouraging and promoting meaningful learning.
- Safe, inviting, well-maintained schools are vital for teaching and learning.
- Education is enhanced through access to technological resources, flexible learning environments and quality facilities.