We are SO excited that Books for Keeps will be serving Chase Street this year for the first time ever!
Since they're unable to visit us in person this year, they have set up an online (free) store for famlies to visit. Each student in grades Pre-K through 5 should choose 8 books from the online store, and Books for Keeps will add 4 more surprise books from their warehouse to complement those choices!
All Chase Street students will receive a total of 12 books!
(Books for Keeps usually only serves grades K-5, but due to this year's unusual circumstances, they've added Pre-K to this year's distributions.)
Here is a letter from Books for Keeps with more details and a graphic with step-by-step instructions for ordering:
When you're ready to order, you can visit the online store here:
Some tips for ordering:
- Make sure to create an account first! You won't be able to see any of the books available on the site until you've set this up.
- The books will show up with a price of $1.00, but they're actually free! Your child's class code will zero out your total during the checkout process. (See the next bullet point.)
- When you check out, make sure to enter the class code for your child's current grade (not the grade they'll start in August). Each grade has its own code:
- Pre-K and K: CHASEK
- 1st grade: CHASE1
- 2nd grade: CHASE2
- 3rd grade: CHASE3
- 4th grade: CHASE4
- 5th grade: CHASE5
Besides zeroing out your total, the codes will also help us keep track of how many students have selected their books.
- If you have more than one child in grades Pre-K through 5, you'll make a separate order for each child.
- For households with more than one student, Books for Keeps will make every effort to deliver all of those students' books on the same day. You can help with this by placing all orders for your household as close together as possible!
Orders will be brought to your address via contactless delivery.
Finally, for a quick note about why ALL Chase families should participate in this amazing opportunity, please see this quick message from the Books for Keeps Executive Director, Leslie Hale:
Please feel free to contact me or your child's teacher if you have any questions or need assistance with the ordering process.
NEED Project Youth Award for Energy Achievement Presented to Hilsman Middle School Students.
Read an update on reopening of CCSD schools.
CCSD wants your input regarding the re-entry to school following the closure due to COVID-19. This survey will be open until June 12, 2020.