The Education SPLOST (E-SPLOST) program is designed to help us, as a community of teachers and learners, build facilities and acquire technologies that support the educational process in our schools both today and in the future.
Director, Facility Planning & Construction
706.546.7721, ext. 77504
706.546.7721, ext. 77506
706.546.7721, ext. 77502
E-SPLOST 6 Information
The Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax for Education (E-SPLOST) is a one-penny sales tax that Georgia school systems may use for capital improvements and/or long-term debt reduction from previous bonds.
- Click here to view current and past projects funded by E-SPLOST.
- Click here to view the E-SPLOST 6 Presentation provided at the BOE Work Session, June 8, 2021.
- Clarke County voters have approved E-SPLOST six times since 1997.
- This is not a new tax. It continues the same penny tax that has funded new classrooms, new technology, new buses, and more for Clarke County students.
- Projects funded by E-SPLOST 6 benefit every school in Clarke County.
- The one-penny sales tax is paid by all who shop, stay, dine or receive services in Clarke County, including outside visitors (almost 60% is paid by people who visit Athens).