"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand." -- Chinese Proverb
Clarke County’s Special Education Department is committed to partnering with our parents and community agencies to ensure we design a program intended to meet the needs of the students entrusted to our care. Clarke County School District is dedicated to providing eligible students between the ages of 3 and 21 with special education and related services. CCSD partners with Northeast Georgia RESA to provide occupational and physical therapists along with professionals who serve students in our deaf and hard of hearing programs.
- Literacy, numeracy, social-emotional learning, and partnering with parents are fundamental to achieving our Vision and Mission.
- All students can learn when provided with appropriate supports.
- Collaboration with all stakeholders is essential.
- All special education students should have access to grade-level content, instruction, and assessment to the fullest extent possible.
- Decisions should be based on current data and research-based best practices.
Executive Director of Special Education & Behavior Supports
706-546-7721, ext. 79513
Information Support Specialist
706-546-7721, Ext. 79562
Administrative Budget Assistant
706-546-7721, Ext. 79559
Special Education Resources
- Assistive Technology
- Child Find
- Facilitated IEP Process
- Feeder Pattern
- Georgia Department of Education- Special Education Information
- Georgia Special Needs Scholarship
- Parents' Rights
- Private School Services
- Referrals to Special Education
- Special Education Eligibility Categories