The CCSD works in close contact with local and state emergency authorities to ensure the safety and security of our students and staff. Our goal is to be proactive in protecting everyone. The following are the procedures for announcing changes in school operations due to inclement weather or emergency situations.
When the CCSD decides to close, all school activities and after-school programs are canceled. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s school.
Inclement Weather/Emergency Communication
Communication about the change to school operations occurs through a variety of methods. It is very important the CCSD has updated contact information for your child/family.
- Please remember to keep your family contact information current by updating it in the Infinite Campus student portal or by informing your child’s school.
- Please remember when “all call” phone messages are sent out, they go to ALL phone numbers listed for a student. Therefore, multiple family members will receive the same message.
The CCSD will notify parents/guardians through:
- Email and/or phone call to all phone numbers in the Infinite Campus system
- Message posted within the Infinite Campus system
- Post on the CCSD and school’s social media pages and websites
- Information sent to local Athens-Clarke County media
- Information sent to metro Atlanta television stations, including WSB TV/Channel 2, WXIA/11 Alive, WAGA/Fox 5, and WGCL/CBS 46