The TRS Retirement Program is designed to help you ensure a secure retirement. Beginning in March, we will host a series of One-on-One counseling sessions and a TRS presentation to help you understand the program and make the most of the options available to you.
**The TRS retirement presentation is open to all employees that are enrolled into the TRS retirement plan. Those that are within 5 Years of retirement are especially encouraged to attend. The presentation will be held on March 26, 2019 at 4:00 P.M. in the Auditorium of Clarke Central High School**
What you’ll learn at this presentation:
- Planning your retirement - date, finances, etc.
- Retirement plans and benefits - survivorship plans, partial lump sum option
- The importance of naming beneficiaries
- Calculating your benefit - the benefit formula
- Applying for retirement - easy steps to make your retirement seamless
- Benefit payments - including cost of living adjustments
- Working after retirement
- Legal considerations and financial planning
- Resources to help you be successful
**The One-on-One sessions will be available by appointment ONLY on March 27, 2019 from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. and March 28, 2019 from 8:00 A.M to 1:00 P.M. TRS offers this service to members within 5 years of retirement, with priority given to those within 2 years. The One-on-One Sessions will be held at the Board office/HT Edwards building**
What you’ll learn at this session:
- Receive individual benefit estimates
- Receive detailed information about TRS retirement options
- Receive more in-depth information about purchasing service
- Ask very specific questions about your individual situation
- Bring a guest with you to list and ask questions
To register, follow these easy steps:
- Visit www.trsga.com.
- Click on Account Login link in the upper navigation bar.
- Select “Active Member” and proceed to the Account Login page.
- Register for and/or log in to your TRS account.
- Click on Register for an Event.
- Pick the event and time for your location. You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation upon your successful registration.
CCSD Benefits Department
*If you have any quesitons please contact LaTura Hunter in the benefits department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 546-7721 ext. 20711