The following documents are required for registering a student in the Clarke County School District.
1. Two (2) documents of residence within Clarke County in the legal parent/guardian name. We will accept current utility bills (water, gas, electricity, cable, internet, phone, trash service) and/or a current mortgage statement/lease/rent receipt. If the proof of address is not in your name, additional paperwork is required. Please bring the person you are living with to the Student Registration Center or call for more information.
2. Photo ID of Legal Parent/Guardian. Any authentic photo ID will be accepted.
3. Child’s Certified Birth Certificate. The birth certificate does not need to be issued by the U.S. Passports are also accepted. For the 2019-2020 school year, children must be four (4) years of age by September 1, 2019, to be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten, and five (5) years of age by September 1, 2019, to be eligible for Kindergarten.
4. Child’s Social Security Card. A parent or guardian who objects to the incorporation of the social security number into the school records of a child may have the requirement waived by signing a statement objecting to the requirement. - O.C.G.A 20-2-150
5. Child’s Immunization Record, on Georgia Form 3231 (available at your doctor’s office or the health department). If your child's immunization record is from a different state, you'll need to take it to the Clarke County Health Department to have it transferred to the Georgia immunization registry. There is a $10 charge at the Health Department to transfer immunization records.
6. Proof of Guardianship. Only required if the child is adopted, in foster care, or living with someone other than a birth parent.
No document will be required that would cause or result in discrimination based on race, color, national origin, or immigration status.