Foundation for Excellence
The Foundation for Excellence in Public Education in Clarke County, Georgia provides an avenue for citizens to directly contribute to the betterment of public education in Athens. Donations are put to work through classroom grants and various teacher and student awards. Professional achievement is celebrated at annual events including an award nominees’ tea and recipients’ banquet. Since its establishment in 1983, the Foundation has recognized hundreds of teachers and administrators.
The mission of the Foundation for Excellence in Public Education is to encourage, recognize and reward excellence in the Clarke County School District.
The Foundation for Excellence has an endowment of over $1,000,000. The income from the endowment and funds raised each year provides approximately $45,000 in awards and grants to CCSD teachers, administrators, and students annually. Click here to view a list of Educator and Student Awards provided to CCSD teachers, administrators, and students annually.
- 09/16/2022 - FFE Announces 2022 Award Winners
- 08/08/2021 - FFE Announces 2021 Award Winners
- 06/13/2021 - FFE honors Cedar and Central Students with Award Monies
- 06/01/2021 - Gregg W. Lewis Scholar-Athletes Announced
- 05/26/2021 - Eve Carson Award Winners Announced
- 05/15/2021 - Foundation for Excellence Announces Faculty/Staff Award Nominees
- View All FFE News
2023-24 FFE Board of Trustees
The foundation is governed by a working board, none of whom are paid for their service. Board members serve a three-year term. The Executive Director and various others in advisory positions function in ex officio (non-voting) roles. The Foundation for Excellence is a tax-exempt corporation under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Gifts are tax-deductible.
- Catherine Neace, Executive Director (Ex-Officio) / email@example.com
- Lillie Brooks / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tina Carpenter / email@example.com
- Lauren Corcino / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evan Elder / email@example.com
- Stella Guerrero / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenda Huff / email@example.com
- Glenn Leavell / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tad MacMillan, President / email@example.com
- Berni McCranie / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannah Montgomery / email@example.com
- Ashley Steele / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marsha Thomas / email@example.com
- Jim Warnes / firstname.lastname@example.org