The Clarke County Board of Education is committed to student wellness as a vital component of the School District's educational program. It is the Board's belief that:
- Children need healthful foods and need opportunities to be physically active in order to grow, learn and thrive;
- Good health is essential to foster better student attendance and achievement;
- A strong District wellness program will have a positive, lasting effect on students;
- Community participation is essential to the development and implementation of a successful District wellness program; and,
- District educators should exercise the same leadership with respect to wellness that they do with respect to academics.
Bettye Henderson Holston Elementary will implement the following policy to address nutrition concerns:
- Students who bring their lunch are encouraged to ensure a balanced diet.
- Please ensure any snacks that your child brings will be for personal consumption only. Sharing of snacks between students or adults is prohibited. If the student does not have a snack sized item, please be sure to pack the snack in a ziplock bag (or equivalent). Family sized bags of snacks are discouraged.
- Students are encouraged to bring water or sugar-free drinks.