All Clarke County School District students were issued a free PINES Library Access for Youth (PLAY) Card account in May 2022 as part of a collaboration between the Clarke County School District, Georgia Library PINES*, and your Athens-Clarke County Libraries: Aaron Heard Resource Center, Athens-Clarke County Library, Lay Park Community Center, Pinewoods Library, and Winterville Library. The PLAY Card account provides each CCSD student with free materials (books, magazines) and online resources from the public library to help your child succeed in school, along with fun resources to support a lifelong love of reading.
*According to https://pines.georgialibraries.org/about, "Georgia Library PINES (Public Information Network for Electronic Services) is the public library automation and lending network for 300 libraries and affiliated service outlets in 51 library systems covering 146 counties. PINES creates a statewide "borderless library" that provides equal access to information for all Georgians."
The benefits are numerous and include:
- PLAY Card accounts will use CCSD student ID numbers as the library card number - one less login to remember!
- Check out 5 physical items at a time from the library catalog of over 11 million items for books, DVD’s, audiobooks, and other materials at over 300 libraries across Georgia.
- Check out e-books, audiobooks & digital magazines!
- Titles are returned automatically with no fines!
- No fines for overdue items!
- Fines still apply for lost, long overdue, or damaged materials; however, the account, library resources, and services are all free.
- Learn a new language online with Mango Languages. Online courses are offered in 70+ languages!
- Get help with homework using:
- Digital Library of Georgia
- Learning Express
- Take practice tests for the SAT, PSAT, and others.
- Obtain state park and museum passes, including Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites, Zoo Atlanta, Center for Puppetry Arts, Chattahoochee Nature Center, and more!
The PLAY Card account is an opt-out program. If you do not want your student to have an account, please submit the Opt-Out Form.
How does my student log in?
When will my student receive their PLAY Card?
What can be checked out using a PLAY Card?
How does a student check out a physical item while at the library?
What if a student already has a library card?
What happens when a student changes schools within CCSD, withdraws, or graduates?
Who do I contact if the information on my PLAY Card account is incorrect?
Will parents/guardians have access to see what the student has checked out?
Which public library is closest to me and what are the hours?
What libraries can I check out from with a PLAY Card account?
How will my student's privacy be protected?
What about homeschool students?
How do I change my home library location?
What if I do not want my student to have a PLAY Card?
Who should I contact if I still have questions about the card?