What We Look for in Educators
“My favorite part of my job is building authentic relationships with students.”
~ Sean Simpson, CCSD 2022-23 Teacher of the Year
Passion. Dedication. Excellence. Joy.
These are traits that educators who thrive at the Clarke County School District (CCSD) share. We value teachers whose skill and knowledge of teaching is second only to the ability to care for and build positive relationships with students. CCSD gives teachers support to help their students succeed in and outside of the classroom.
CCSD believes in:
- Student potential. We believe deeply that all students, regardless of their circumstances, can learn at levels higher than their current achievement. If you believe in holding high expectations for students, we encourage you to apply.
- The drive for achievement. We are looking for teachers who are passionate about strong instruction that ensures students do the work and thinking. Our educators are committed to meeting challenging goals because our students deserve our very best.
- Impact and influence. We want our teachers to have a positive impact on those around them – students, team teachers, and the community. Our educators will influence those around them to ensure that everyone is aligned in doing what it takes to help students thrive.
- Teamwork. Our teachers credit their success to the support of the educators around them. Together we ensure that students are deeply engaged in what they are learning. Our success depends on teamwork to achieve shared goals.
- Instructional capacity. Our educators leverage best practices in classroom management, lesson planning, and instruction delivery of grade-appropriate assignments. Our commitment to data-driven instruction ensures growth for all students.
Do you have what it takes? Learn more: