Welcome to Barrow
Welcome to Barrow Elementary, home of the Barrow Buddies! I am proud to be the principal of such an amazing and well-established community school! This fall, we will be commemorating Barrow's 100th Anniversary and we are planning a fun celebration your family will want to be a part of!
As principal at Barrow, I strive to carry out Barrow’s mission, which includes many ideals that I feel passionate about:
- Providing all students a nurturing, creative, engaging learning environment
- Fostering student curiosity, risk-taking, and enthusiasm for learning
- Forming secure relationships with students and building community in our classrooms
- Providing a strong academic program that challenges all students to reach our high expectations
- Utilizing the diversity and strengths of our families and community to enhance Barrow’s program
- Seeking active parent participation in our school and support of our mission
At Barrow, we have a highly gifted and dedicated staff. Our teachers and support staff are passionate about educating children. They work collaboratively to design instruction that meets the diverse needs of our students. Our resource teachers support students in various programs such as gifted, ESOL, special education, and the Early Intervention Program. We also have many support staff in place to ensure our students’ academic and social-emotional needs are attended to, including an assistant principal; a counselor; a full-time family engagement specialist; a media specialist; art, music, PE, and health specialists; academic and behavior interventionists; and paraprofessionals. Finally, we have an exemplary afterschool program that our children love to attend! We have great plans and high expectations for ourselves for the year ahead!
Our theme is “My Barrow, I Belong.” We embrace and celebrate the diversity in our school. It is important to us that each student sees themselves as an important part of our school community. We believe that each student has extraordinary talents, skills, and experiences to share with us and will make our school community even stronger!
Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me if you have questions about our school. I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to work with you and your remarkable children. I look forward to seeing you around the school and in the community.
Dr. Ellen Sabatini