Gifted and Advanced Programming
Our gifted program (also known as Spectrum) provides services to gifted and advanced learners at all grade levels. Our services emphasize the following:
- Critical and creative thinking,
- High order reasoning,
- Extensive and advanced research skills, and
- Advanced and accelerated academics.
We have four main goals that guide our daily practice. Our goals are to:
- Challenge gifted and advanced learners in a culturally responsive context.
- Support gifted and advanced learners in the development of social-emotional health.
- Expose all students to inquiry, creativity, and problem-solving to develop their talents.
- Build partnerships with diverse families to support student growth and success.
We strive for equitable access to our gifted and advanced programs. Our equity initiatives are to:
- Increase participation in gifted and advanced programming, especially for underrepresented groups.
- Train all teachers to have an assets-based mindset to inform gifted identification and teaching and learning.
- Ensure that our gifted identification practices include measures that minimize cultural bias.