Business & Law Academy
Future Educators Academy
Health & Human Services Academy
What is an Academy?
Academies provide students with access to smaller learning communities that provide real-world experiences with local businesses and community members. Our Academies connect learning from the classroom to real world experiences in the workplace. Each of our Academies houses several career pathways that students can take advantage of. Each pathway has between 3-5 courses that students complete that will prepare them for work in several career areas. These courses also meet Georgia high school graduation requirements.
The Athens Community Career Academy has 5 Academies:
- Business & Law Academy
- Future Educators Academy
- Health & Human Services Academy
- Hospitality Academy
- STEM Academy
What do our Academies Offer?
- Personalized learning environments
- Peer support through small class sizes and cohort model
- Project based learning opportunities that allow students to solve real-world problems for authentic learning
- Partnerships with businesses provide students with opportunities to become apprentices, interns, and sometimes employees.
- Intentional focus on 21st century skills that students need to succeed once they graduate high school
- Culture of 4 C’s- critical thinking, collaboration, civic engagement, career focused mindset
- Holistic preparation for success in college and career