School Uniform Guidelines
UPDATE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR:
Although students will not be required to wear uniforms this year, the CCSD dress code policy will be followed by all Coile Students.
Aunque no se requerirá que los estudiantes usen uniformes este año, todos los estudiantes de Coile seguirán la política del código de vestimenta del CCSD.
- Plain white, black, or green collared shirts (no patterns or stripes).
- No embroidery or patches on shirts except for logos on the chest that are maximum two inches in diameter.
- Shirts worn underneath must be white, black, or green.
- All button-front shirts must be buttoned to cover the chest. The fabric should not be sheer.
- Khaki-colored and Black pants only.
- Styles can include dress pants, Capri’s, cargo pants, or knee-length shorts or skirts.
- Pants must be worn at the waist.
- Pants should not be excessively loose or tight.
- No tights, leggings, yoga, athletic pants, jogging pants with stripes, team mascots, or denim material.
- Boys must wear belts.
- No flip flops, slides, or slippers.
- Plain BLACK jackets only or BLACK sweaters only can be worn over the collared shirt (no hoods or denim).
- Students can wear any type of BLACK coat or jacket only to school, but coats and jackets that are not plain or have a hood must be stored in lockers during school hours. HOODIES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED!
- No bandanas, skull caps, sweatbands, hats, or scarves.
- No oversized earrings, necklaces, or bracelets that can be used as a weapon.
- The principal may allow students to dress out of uniform for special occasions or to show their participation in school activities, i.e. honor roll students may be rewarded with a dress down day, athletes might dress up on game days, or there may be special dress required for a field trip.
- Acceptable dress for these days will be appropriate for the school setting.
- Shorts and skirts will be at least knee-length.
- Students will not wear flip flops, pajamas, low necklines, torn clothing, or clothing with an inappropriate message (for example, promoting drugs or alcohol).