About the BOE
The nine-member Clarke County Board of Education (BOE) is the official governing body for the Clarke County School District. It is responsible for policy-making, budget approval, evaluation of the superintendent, and other duties prescribed by law. Board members are elected to four-year terms. To contact a BOE member, click on the "Board Members" page in the above drop-down menu.
Please get in touch with the appropriate Clarke County School District office or school for information on a specific issue (such as school registration, disciplinary hearings, or employment). The school district's main number is 706-546-7721.
For questions/issues regarding Board of Education administration, please contact:
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent/Board Manager
706-546-7721, Ext. 20701
Contact the BOE
Click here to view the contact information for members of the Board of Education.
BOE Approved Resolutions
- Safe Schools Resolution - effective December 14, 2017
- Resolución para la Seguridad Escolar - efectivo el 14 de diciembre de 2017
BOE Meeting Schedule
Board of Education Meetings
Heritage Hall of the H.T. Edwards Sr. Building
440 Dearing Ext
Athens, Georgia 30606
- Board Meetings are open to the public.
- The Board of Education typically holds its regular monthly meeting on the second Thursday of each month. The BOE's agenda-setting meeting is typically held on the first Thursday of each month. Please view the CCSD calendar for dates and times.
- Meetings are currently open to the public and can also be viewed on the CCSD YouTube channel. Subscribe to the channel and receive updates when a meeting begins.
- Agendas are made available 24 hours in advance on Simbli. Please access Simbli here
Public Comment Submissions
- The deadline to sign up to read public comments at a regular BOE meeting is 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
- To sign up, please call Lisa Palmer at 706-546-7721, Ext. 20701.
2022 BOE Meeting Schedule