Authorized Distribution of Flyers
The Clarke County School District will follow these procedures when approving flyers to be placed in schools. These procedures have been implemented to provide efficiency and to ensure school-appropriate information is being posted.
- Please submit requests via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please submit an actual final copy (electronic or hard copy) of the flyer to be distributed.
- No more than two flyers per organization per year will be approved.
- Please include a complete listing of schools where you would like to distribute the flyer.
- Flyers promoting events or items that have a fee must include financial aid or scholarships. The actual flyer/brochure must state the availability of financial aid or scholarships. An annual report of scholarships may be requested.
- Flyers that promote for-profit camps, after-school and tutorial programs will not be approved for distribution in takehome folders, however, they will be allowed to be posted in school information centers.
- Information intended for a specific group of individuals must not be discriminatory.
- The Clarke County School District will not approve flyers that: name candidates for public office or those that violate the school district’s anti-discrimination policy.
- The Clarke County School District may approve flyers that promote professional services or merchandise or businesses when they are offering significant benefit to our school population.
- Approval letters only grant permission for the flier that was submitted for approval. The letter may not be altered or used to distribute other fliers.
- The approval letters do not grant permission to use a CCSD facility for a program or activity. School principals must approve events held at schools.
You will be notified by e-mail whether your flyer request has been approved. You must present the approval letter at each school where you plan (and have been approved) to distribute a flier. Flyers should be bundled in groups of 30 for easy distribution for staff and volunteers.
Office of Public Relations and Communications