- Whitehead Road Elementary
FFE Grant Award Recipients
FFE Grant Award Recipients
The Board of Trustees of the Foundation for Excellence in Public Education in Clarke County, Georgia announces the 2021 Grant Recipients from the Clarke County School District:
- Junior League of Athens General Classroom Grant - $250
Todd Elihu, Burney-Harris-Lyons Middle / "Graphic History Project"
- Arthur Moog Middleton High School Writing Grant - $50
Grace Crumpton, Clarke Central High / "Contemporary Literature Elective Focused On Modern Poetry"
- Mary and Harold P. Horton General Classroom Grant for Elementary School Teachers - $500
Melanie James, Winterville Elementary / "Virtual Winnerbee Leadership Academy"
- Carrie Fischer Siegmund Grant for Classroom Innovation - $500
Katherine Johnson, Clarke Middle / "Athenian History Interactive Map"
- Lane Turner Norton Literacy Grant - $500
Abby Brink, Barrow Elementary / "A Multi-Sensory Phonics Approach"
- Junior League of Athens Literacy Grant - $500
Bridget McNeill, Fowler Dr. Elementary / "Project Lit Community"
- Carol Ann Colquitt Special Education Grant - $500
Laurie Tweedell, Whit Davis Elementary / "Incorporating Sensory Activities Into Our Day"
- Todd Cooper Grant for Technology and Equipment - $500
Nathalie Guerin, Clarke Middle / "SWITCH It Up! Game-Based Language Learning"
- Sandy Creek Nature Center General Classroom Science Grants - $500 each
Megan Hardy, Burney-Harris-Lyons Middle / "Adapting High School Physical Science for 8th Grade EXC and ELL Students"
Rebecca Glennie, Clarke Middle / "Poultry Science Hands-On Learning"
- Jenny Penney Oliver General Classroom Grant - $500
Caitlin Mozzo, Clarke Central High / "Memorable Memoirs"
- Alpha Delta Kappa (Fidelis Nu Chapter) Retired Educators General Classroom Grant - $500
Leigh Lindsey, Oglethorpe Ave. Elementary / "Engineering With K'Nex"
- Eve Carson Service-Learning Grant - $1000
Julie Throne, Cedar Shoals High / "Special Gardens for Special People"
- Eve Carson Service-Learning Grant - $500
Katherine Johnson, Clarke Middle / "Brooklyn Cemetery Digital Walk Thru"
- Jimmy Morris Fine Arts Grant - $1000
Jennifer Berkowitz, Whit Davis Elementary / "Exploring Sculpture-Beautiful and Sometimes Functional Art"
- Sara Orton Glickman Collaborative Project-Based Learning Grant - $1000
Barb Saunders, Burney Harris Lyons Middle / "Students Grow Food for Their Community"
- Friends of Eve Carson General Classroom Grant - $1000
Catherine Douylliez, Athens Community Career Academy - "Employability Skills in Nursing: Working with a Geriatric Population"
- C. B. Lord Founder’s General Classroom Grant - $1000
Annette Sayles, Whitehead Rd. Elementary / "The Koala Performing Arts Theatre"