Public Review of Recommended World Languages Instructional Materials
September 13, 2023
Recently, a team of six world languages teachers in the Clarke County School District and the district's World Languages Curriculum Coordinator met to review instructional resources provided by various vendors. The adoption team scored the resources based on a common rubric to identify the best resources aligned to the Georgia Standards of Excellence and the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages’ world-readiness standards for learning languages.
The following textbook resources have been recommended for adoption:
- Reporteros 1-3 by Klett World Languages — Spanish 1-3 (middle and high school)
- Tejidos by Wayside Publishing — Spanish 4
- Galería A/B/C by Vista Higher Learning — Spanish for Native Speakers 1-3
- Temas by Vista Higher Learning — AP Spanish
- Reporters Francophones 1-3 by Klett World Languages — French 1-3 (middle and high school)
- Face à face by Vista Higher Learning — French 4
- Thèmes by Vista Higher Learning — AP French.
Review of Materials
The public is invited to review the materials recommended for adoption, and there are in-person and online options available for doing so.
1. All physical materials: View all print versions of student textbooks and workbooks at the CCSD District Office, 595 Prince Ave., Athens, in Room 136 on either of the following days:
- 1-5 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 20
- 8 a.m. to noon Thursday, Sept. 21
2. Klett World Languages, Inc. Online Resources: Klett’s Digital Access Demonstration for Spanish 1-3 and French 1-3 can be viewed here. Log in using:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: #KlettWL!2023
- CCSD is recommending adoption of the following titles: Reporteros 1-3 and Reporters Francophones 1-3.
3. Vista Higher Learning Online Access: Vista’s Digital Access Demonstration for AP Spanish, AP French, and Spanish Native Speaker 1-3 resources can be found at https://www.vhlcentral.com/. Log in using:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Clarke2023
- CCSD is recommending adoption of the following titles: Galería A, B, & C; Temas; Thèmes; Face à Face.
4. Wayside Publishing Online Access: Wayside’s Digital Access Demonstration for the Spanish 4 resource can be found at learningsite.waysidepublishing.com. Log in using:
- Username: ClarkeCSD
- Password: CCSD1234
- CCSD is recommending adoption of the following title: Tejidos
Public comment about the materials recommended for adoption can be made at the Clarke County Board of Education meeting scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12.
Other comments can be recorded during the viewing hours at the CCSD District Office, Room 136, on the comment sheets that will be provided.
Online resources can be commented on until Thursday, Sept. 21, at noon via a Google Form at this link: Online Demonstration Comment Form.
For more information, contact Nathan Reincheld, CCSD's World Languages Curriculum Coordinator, at email@example.com.