- Coile Middle
FFE 2021 Award Nominations NOW OPEN!
We know we are “Better Together” because of our partnerships with community organizations such as the Foundation for Excellence in Education in Clarke County. The FEE exists to encourage, recognize, and reward excellence in the Clarke County School District. Annually, the FFE presents thousands of dollars in awards and grants to educators and students.
The FFE is pleased to announce the nomination window for the 2021 awards opens Monday, April 5th. The submission deadline for completed application packets is Friday, May 7th. Following are the 2021 Awards:
Odd Year Awards:
- Joan D. Humphries Excellence in Teaching Award ($500 for two years)
- Ken Sherman Double Century Excellence in Teaching Award ($500 for two years)
- Kathryn H. Hug Instructional Leadership Award ($500 for two years)
- Seasoned Teacher Award ($500 for two years)
- Martha Comer Chair for Teachers of Languages ($1000 for two years)
- Cardee Kilpatrick Chair for Middle School Teachers ($1000 for two years)
- Ann M. Schindel Chair for Teachers of Mathematics ($1000 for two years)
- Thomas H. Whitehead Chair for Teachers of Science ($1000 for two years)
- Freida M. Thomas Teacher of Promise Award ($500)
- Bertis Downs District Services Award (two at $500 each)
- Howard B. Stroud Community Service Award ($500)
- Michael Peter Horvat Secondary Coaches’ Award ($500)
To Submit a Nomination:
- Review the award criteria on the FFE website: (https://www.athensffe.org/
- Nominate a CCSD faculty, staff, or administrator: https://app.
Contact FFE Executive Director C.J. Amason / director@