School Uniform Requirements
The uniform requirement is waived this year at Whit Davis.
Students will be expected to follow the CCSD dress code policy and wear clothing that will not disrupt the learning environment at school. Example of inappropriate clothing consists of but is not limited to the following: sagging pants, lengthy belts, any item that has inappropriate messaging, short (crop) tops, shorts that do not reach the fingertips, see-through clothing, clothing normally used as underclothing, pajamas, and hats or hoods worn indoors (unless on special or designated days.) Students who come to school dressed inappropriately will be asked to call home for a change of clothes. For additional information, please view the CCSD student code of conduct.
Please see below for more information about school uniforms for future school years:
Uniforms can be purchased at J.C. Penney, Wal-Mart, Target, Dollar General, and Academy Sports.
School uniforms are required Monday-Thursday. On Fridays, students may dress in accordance with the CCSD student dress code per the student handbook.
- White, navy blue, Carolina (light) blue or royal blue collared shirts (solid colors only).
- Shirts worn underneath the collared shirt must be solid white, navy blue, royal blue, or light blue.
- All front-buttoned shirts must be buttoned to cover the chest.
- Turtleneck and mock turtleneck shirts are permitted under collared shirts.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- Khaki or navy blue.
- Cargo pants, knee-length shorts/skirts/skorts, capri pants, and jumpers are allowed.
- All garments must be worn at the waist with a belt if the garment has belt loops.
- No jeans of any color.
- No sweatpants, yoga pants, athletic pants, or leggings.
- Sweatshirts with hoods (hoodies) in school colors only are permitted as long as they are worn
over a collared shirt and the hood is kept off the head indoors.
- Shoes must be closed-toed.
- No slippers, flip flops, or slides permitted.
- Athletic shoes are required for P.E.
- Headwear and Accessories:
- No bandanas, headscarves of any kind, skull caps, sweatbands, hoods or hats.