- Whitehead Road Elementary
E-SPLOST - A Penny Well Spent
The Education SPLOST (E-SPLOST) program is designed to help us, as a community of teachers and learners, build facilities and acquire technologies that support the educational process in our schools both today and the future.
The Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax for Education (E-SPLOST) is a one-penny sales tax that Georgia school systems may use for capital improvements and/or long-term debt reduction from previous bonds.
E-SPLOST 6 Referendum - November 2
Clarke County voters will have the opportunity to vote on the continuation of the E-SPLOST on November 2, 2021. If approved, E-SPLOST 6 will raise an estimated $120,000,000 over five years.
- Clarke County voters approved E-SPLOST five times since 1997.
- E-SPLOST 6 is not a new tax. It continues the same penny tax that has funded new classrooms, new technology, new buses, and more for Clarke County students.
- Projects funded by the E-SPLOST 6 would benefit every school in Clarke County.
- The one-penny sales tax is paid by all who shop, stay, dine or receive services in Clarke County, including outside visitors (almost 60% is paid by people who visit Athens).
CCSD E-SPLOST Information
- CCSD E-SPLOST Department Information/Contacts
- Click here to view current and past projects funded by E-SPLOST.
- Click here to view the E-SPLOST 6 Presentation provided at the BOE Work Session, June 8, 2021.
- CCSD E-SPLOST 6 Data Sheet - Revised 10.13.21