Academic Support Resources
A student's first point of contact for academic assistance should be their teachers. Click on the Academics tab above to find teacher contact information listed by subject or refer to the CCHS Faculty Directory at http://bit.ly/CCHSFaculty2122.
Pathways after-school tutoring is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45 to 5:15. Tutoring is offered in English/Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Credit Recovery courses are also available to those who apply. Details, including locations and teachers, can be found at bit.ly/cchspathways.
Students can retake failed tests. If a student fails a test, CCHS grading policy allows them to take an alternate form of assessment after a period of review. The highest score earned on the two assessments is granted.
Students should complete missing or incomplete assignments. Missing and incomplete assignments are the most common causes of students failing courses as these are entered as zeroes (0) in teachers’ gradebooks. Students should speak with their teachers about how to complete any missing and incomplete assignments.
Grading guidelines for 2021-22 can be found on the school's website here.
Below are additional academic resources available to Clarke Central students:
- Tutor.com can help students complete homework, write a paper, or study for a test! Tutors are available every day from 2:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Students and parents can get help with any kind of academic question in math, science, English, social studies, and writing. Expert tutors work with students in K–12th grade (even AP®-level and intro-level college coursework). Connecting with a tutor is easy – you just need your public library card and any Internet-connected device. Create a FREE account or log in through Athens Regional Library System. For more information, contact the Athens Regional Library: 706-613-3650, ext. 356.
- Math IXL (https://www.ixl.com/signin/clarkecentral): Math support classes use this online program as a way to support students. Any student enrolled in math support, and even some who are not, have access to this program. If a student does not have an account but would like one, they should contact Mr. Barner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hippo Campus (www.hippocampus.org): Hippo Campus is a free online resource for middle school and high school students, providing multimedia content in all core subjects.
- Learn to Be (https://www.learntobe.org/): Learn to Be provides low-cost and free academic assistance to students by matching them with a qualified tutor. Families must submit an application and be approved prior to beginning.
- Read Theory (www.readtheory.org): Read Theory provides reading comprehension practice at students' individual reading levels. Students can register for free if they do not already have an account.
- Chegg (www.chegg.com): Chegg offers free resources, lessons, and quizzes in many different subjects. They also have available SAT and ACT prep courses.
- USA Test Prep (https://www.usatestprep.com/) provides testing practice for all EOC courses. CCHS students interested in using this resource should contact Mr. Barner at email@example.com.
- Shmoop (https://www.shmoop.com/) is an online test prep and academic support program. Students can log-in using their school Google accounts.
- Khan Academy (https://www.khanacademy.org/) provides instructional videos for all subject areas. It is a free resource.
- NewsELA (https://newsela.com/) allows students to improve their literacy skills by reading and responding to current events articles. All CCHS students can access the site using their school Google accounts.
- PBS Learning Media (https://gpb.pbslearningmedia.org/) allows students to access thousands of free, standards-based digital resources. Student accounts are free.
- EOC Study Guides (https://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/EOC-Study-Resource-Guides.aspx) are provided by the Georgia DOE to help students prepare for End of Course Assessments.
- Experience Online Testing Georgia (http://www.gaexperienceonline.com/) allows students to take practice tests and view tutorials prior to End of Course and Milestones assessments.
- Mometrix (https://www.mometrix.com/academy/math-review/) offers free math review videos and lessons.