CCSD's New Five-Year Strategic Plan
In September 2023, the Clarke County Board of Education approved CCSD’s five-year Strategic Plan for 2024-2029. The plan reflects our community’s aspirations for our students and is focused on three priorities: Connected Culture, Optimized Talent, Thriving Students.
Mission: We create educational journeys that empower all students to fulfill their potential.
Vision: To be a high-performing school district that ensures all students can access opportunities and positively contribute to their communities.
- All students can learn and achieve academic success.
- Students deserve learning experiences that are engaging, relevant, and challenging.
- We are all accountable for the success of each student we serve and we all have a stake in their success.
- The success of each student is critical to the success of our entire community.
- We are responsible for collaboratively supporting student growth and development.
- We are responsible for understanding the needs of our students and their families.
- Learning occurs best in cultures where staff and students feel a sense of belonging, safety and support.
- We must embrace new ideas, techniques, and technologies to be responsive to the evolving needs of our learners and the rapidly changing world.
- Students and staff deserve an environment where enthusiasm for learning is encouraged and modeled.
Our plan comprises the Plan Foundations document, as well as our five-year performance measures and our Year 1 Action Plan.
We will provide quarterly updates to the Board of Education and community — the first update will come in January 2024 — as well as a written Annual Progress report each July.