Hilsman Health Center
School-based health centers make seeking medical and dental care as simple as walking down the hall in most cases. The Hilsman Health Center, the first school-based health clinic to open in northeast Georgia, is a partnership between the Clarke County School District and the Athens Neighborhood Health Center and is a comprehensive medical office. It is staffed by a nurse practitioner, dentist, and support staff.
Located behind the Hilsman Middle School gymnasium, between Hilsman Middle and Gaines Elementary schools, the center provides a range of services to meet the needs of CCSD faculty, staff, and students:
- check-ups and wellness checks
- dental care
- asthma care
- diabetes care
- high blood pressure management
- lab tests
- COVID-19 testing and vaccinations
- sports physicals
- and more
Address and Contact Information
870 Gaines School Rd. (between Hilsman Middle and Gaines elementary schools) Athens, GA 30605
Hours of Operation and How to Make an Appointment
- Monday through Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Closed for staff lunch break (Monday through Thursday): 12-1 p.m.
- Closed on most major holidays. Call the office at 706-546-7463 for more information.
Advance appointments are preferred and greatly appreciated, but we do try to maintain space and accommodation for same-day appointments. Please call 706-546-7463 to schedule an appointment. The office is CLOSED Monday through Thursday from 12-1 p.m. for staff lunch.
Tionya Lawrence, FNP-C
Family Nurse Practitioner
Dr. Merissa Nelms, DDS, CCA
Office Specialist/Referral Coordinator
Hilsman Health Center Liaison