About the BOE
The nine-member Clarke County Board of Education (BOE) is the official governing body for the Clarke County School District and is responsible for policy-making, budget approval, evaluation of the superintendent, and other duties as prescribed by law. Board members are elected to four-year terms. To contact a BOE member, click on the "Board Members" page in the above drop-down menu.
For information on a specific issue (such as school registration, disciplinary hearings, or employment) please contact the appropriate Clarke County School District office or school. The school district's main number is 706- 546-7721.
For questions/issues regarding Board of Education administration, please contact:
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
706-546-7721, Ext. 20701
Board of Education Meetings
Heritage Hall of the H.T. Edwards Sr. Building
440 Dearing Ext
Athens, Georgia 30606
NOTE: Board Meetings will remain closed to the public as the CCSD continues to follow recommended social distancing and close contact guidelines as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other health agencies. Public access to this meeting will be via YouTube Live only.
Public Comment Submissions
- Public comments will be read aloud by board members.
- To submit a public comment to be read at the regular board meetings, please email your comment (no longer than three minutes) to publiccomments@clarke.
- The deadline for submissions is 4:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
The Board of Education typically holds its regular monthly meeting on the second Thursday of each month. The BOE's agenda-setting meeting is typically held on the first Thursday of each month. Please view the CCSD calendar for dates and times.
2020 BOE Committees
- Government Relations
2021 BOE Meeting Schedule
*One meeting in July if needed
*One meeting in December
BOE Approved Resolutions
- Safe Schools Resolution - effective December 14, 2017
- Resolución para la Seguridad Escolar - efectivo el 14 de diciembre de 2017