SCHOOL BUS SAFETY TIPS:
Welcome to Clarke County School District Pupil Transportation web page!
Our mission: “To transport students to school safely ready to learn and home on schedule.”
Our Goal: “Keep 100% of the students safe 100% of the time!”
We need the cooperation of both parents and students to fulfill our mission and goals. The school bus is an extension of the classroom. In order to keep our students safe, please talk with your child(ren) to adhere to the following:
- Arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to pick-up time.
- Stay out of the School Bus “Danger Zone” 12 feet around the bus.
- Wait in an orderly fashion 12 feet back in line at the bus stop. Don’t push and shove.
- Wait for the driver’s signal before crossing the street or approaching the bus.
- The Bus “HORN” means “DANGER!!” Seek safety.
- Always cross the street in front of the bus. NEVER cross the street behind the bus.
- Never crawl under a school bus. If you drop something, LEAVE IT! Things can be replaced a LIFE cannot.
- The bus driver and monitor are authorized to take the following actions regarding inappropriate bus behavior:
- Talk to student about proper bus behavior.
- Assign seats when necessary.
- Report conduct problems via Student Conduct Report.
- Ask Parent to step away from the door.
It is unlawful for a parent to get on a school bus. Ga Code 20-2-1181 Disrupting School /Ga Code 20-2-1182 Abuse of School Employees
Listed below are some of the conduct requirements expected of every student. Please read them carefully and discuss each of them with your student.
- No eating or drinking soft drinks on the school bus. Water okay.
- No loud noises, talking, laughing or “horse-play” that will distract the driver.
- Do not move from your seat while bus is in motion.
- No use of tobacco products, alcohol, drugs or vaping.
- Keep head, hands and feet inside the bus.
- Do not deface interior of the bus or bus seats.
- Sit facing the front of the bus; and keep feet out of the aisle.
- Objects other than those related to school are not allowed on the bus.
- Do not throw anything out of the bus windows.
- Music listening devices are okay as long as the student with the device has ear plugs and is the ONLY person that can hear the music. However, when loading the bus do not wear ear plugs because the student may become distracted and not follow driver instructions.