Our mission is to be a force for positive change by advocating for children, influencing educational, school district, and community policy, and providing a full range of mental health and educational services. We will accomplish this through leadership, program planning, consultation, prevention, counseling, assessment, classroom management, therapy, intervention, training, continuing education, and collaboration with family, community, and school resources. Our focus is on prevention, support, problem-solving, and providing both direct and indirect services.
What is a School Psychologist?
School psychologists are professionals trained in education, mental health, child development, and learning theory. They work directly with students, teachers, and parents. In Clarke County, the school psychology department provides services within a consultative framework. These services may include:
- Working as part of a Student Support Team
- Individual consultation with parents, teachers, or community agencies
- Psychological evaluations
- Individual and group intervention
- Providing education and resources to staff and parents