The CCSD Retirement Program
The Clarke County School District's retirement program contains three components:
1. Social Security
- Social Security - CCSD is one of the few school systems in the metro area that participates in Social Security. This means when you retire from CCSD you not only collect your TRS or PSERS pension and any supplemental retirement plan benefits, but you will also collect a social security benefit when you reach the federal retirement age. CCSD contributes 6.2 percent of pay and you contribute another 6.2 percent of pay to fund your Social Security benefit.
2. Teachers Retirement System (TRS) or Public School Employees Retirement (PSERS) Programs
- Teachers Retirement System of Georgia - TRS covers all teaching, administrative, clerical, and other professional personnel. It requires members to contribute 6.00% of gross pay, while the Board contributes 14.27%. Your ultimate benefit is based on a formula that includes years of service, age at retirement, and monthly pay during your two highest-paid, consecutive years times 2%. A 30-year employee could retire with a benefit of 60% of his or her highest pay depending upon the payout option chosen.
- Public School Employees Retirement System of Georgia - PSERS covers all bus drivers, maintenance, lunchroom, and custodial employees. Participants in PSERS hired before 7/1/12 contribute $4 per month for 9 months ($36 per year). For these participants, PSERS benefits are calculated using the years (and months) of experience times $14.75. So for an employee with 30 years of experience, the monthly benefit is calculated as follows: 30 x $14.75 = $442.50 per month in addition to Social Security. Those hired 7/1/12 or later and without prior PSERS qualifying service, contribute $10 per month for 9 months ($90 per year). Participants will receive between $ 15.00 and $ 16.50 per month times the number of years of service.
- Planning to retire soon?
3. Clarke County School District Retirement Savings Plan
- Website address: CCSD.AIGRS.COM
- Retirement Manager
- CCSD Retirement Video - 2020
- Retirement Savings Guide for TRS Participants
- Retirement Savings Guide for PSERS Participants
- Can I Afford to Retire Worksheet
- Benefits Retirement Savings Plan
- CCSD Frequently Asked Questions - New Retirement Savings Plan